Slider

Summer's Last Hurrah

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I told you I wasn't ready for summer to be over and I meant it! I'm currently in Myrtle Beach typing this post from the comfort of my mother's couch with a toddler screaming "mooooo!!!!" in my ear (she's mastered the cow noise).

My sister, my niece and I took the whole week off to squeeze all we could out of these last days of summer at my mom's house. We've been going to bed early and sleeping in late (or as late as the Em Monster will allow), outlet shopping, pool and beach hopping, and only eating healthy foods when absolutely necessary (my sister did drag me to Gold's Gym on Sunday and then I got a migraine that put me out of commission all day which only further proves my theory that I am, in fact, allergic to exercising).

This morning, in lieu of working out, we dug our forks into some delicious french toast casserole. We had a loaf of french bread that went stale so instead of throwing it out, I found this recipe for overnight blueberry french toast casserole. I threw everything into the crockpot last night and turned it on early this morning. It was so quick and so easy. And obviously delicious because it put everyone to sleep.

After everyone has woken up from their morning nap, we're piling into the car for another round of shopping followed up by a late-in-the-day trip to the pool (my poor skin can't take any more sun after yesterday's beach outing). 



I'm putting work and school out of my mind for the next few days and only focusing on relaxation. It really feels like home here and I'm going to soak all of this up before it's back to reality on Monday!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! Think of me while you're answering emails at work today! 

3 comments:

  1. I feel so sad that Summer is going as well :( But your overnight, blueberry french toast casserole sounds delicious!

    Emily | Always Emily | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, I just made it again last night. YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY IT!

      <3

      Delete
    2. Emily, I just made it again last night. YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY IT!

      <3

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright