Slider

Be You

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I have a very bad habit of giving people multiple chances when they really should have been cut off at strike #1. It's gotten me into a lot of trouble in the past. And I'm not just talking boyfriends. Relatives, coworkers, friends, you name it. A lot of the time, I care way more than I should about people. I'm an extremely empathetic person so I feel all the feels. Seriously, I watched the new Cinderella movie last week and cried when her dad died as if I didn't see it coming. It's a problem.

So when an old friend blew me off (this specific relationship has a bit of a dramatic history so it wasn't really that surprising) after an attempt to reach out, I said eff it! I'm done! Alright, I was slightly less dignified than that. I called my mom and bitched about it for 15 minutes while downing a glass of wine.


Here's the thing guys, not everyone is going to like you. In fact, some people are going to really, really, REALLY dislike you. Most of the time, there's not anything you can do about it. There isn't some rule book that states you have to like everyone you meet. And it's taken me 26 years to realize that I shouldn't take this personally.

I've learned that you can be "perfect" and still not be what someone wants. And it's their problem. Not yours. Surround yourself with people that are rooting for you just as much as you are rooting for them. That's the only way you're going to survive this place. You can't waste your time trying to fit some mold. So be you. And stop being so nice about it. Be unapologetically you.

I'm lazy. I hate working out. I love humor and I really love swearing. I cry a lot. I take a lot of baths. I don't like condiments. And I eat a lot.

If you don't like me, quit reading my blog.



2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright