Slider

Bedroom Design Tour

Monday, October 5, 2015

Ever since I was a little girl, I have been mildly obsessed with home decor. I would rearrange my room every couple of months and would surprise my mom with a rearranged living room as well (reactions varied). Now that I have a place of my own, I find even more joy in personalizing my space. I am by no means a professional. I am more like an assistant junior novice low-budget hobby designer. The only people who have let me "design" their spaces have been my mother and sister. Both of them mostly begrudgingly. I actually tell both of them they aren't allowed to make design purchases without my prior approval (HA!). No but really...please don't guys.

So, this week I'm taking you on a short tour of my bedroom. This is really the only space in my apartment that I am mostly content with (if you have the design bug like me, you know what I mean). You guys, let me just tell you how much I am obsessed with Craigslist. It. Is. Everything. I troll that site like most people troll Facebook. Everyone in my neighborhood (except me) is pretty well-off so there is an abundance of quality treasures to be found. Almost everything in my apartment was bought from Craigslist. Mainly because I am so unbelievably poor (thanks Navient!). But also because some of these items are antiques and you can't buy them in stores. Let's get this thing started!



Let me just tell you that my bed never looks like this. I used to make it every day before I left for work. Nowadays, I'm lucky if I wash my hair and walk out the door wearing the same shoe on both feet. Anyways, this space is my jam. I'm actually in the market for some new bedding and a new rug but until I marry someone rich can afford it, these will have to do.


Nightstands: Craigslist - $20 for the pair (originally Ikea - $70 each); Bedframe: Ikea - $180; Table lamps: HomeGoods (a.k.a. heaven on earth) - $40 each (similar here); Duvet: CB2 - $70 (similar here); Quilt: Target - $60 (similar here and here); Faux fur throw: Pottery Barn - purchased on sale for $80; Rug: Ikea - $20 (similar here); Antique bench: Craigslist - $15 (similar here); Antique mantelpiece: Craigslist (Surrendered Goods- $90; Wreath: Target - $20


 

Here's a closeup of one of my most favorite Craigslist finds (it's a tie between the bench and the mantelpiece). Regardless of the fact that this thing is usually the keeper of all the clothes I've worn for the week and haven't hung back up or put in the laundry, I love it dearly. Just look at it - so pretty.

Also, can we talk for a minute about how to style a shelf? I don't care if it's a bookshelf, a nightstand, or the back of your toilet. For the love, will you please take five extra minutes and color coordinate the damn thing?! Thanks. I needed to get that off my chest. 


Let me tell you a not-so-funny funny story about this mantelpiece. It is being held up by screws that I hammered (yeah, you read that right) into the wall. Hey, I never claimed to be a handywoman (side rant: why does spellcheck recognize "handyman" but not "handywoman"??? #girlpower). 



I could just stare at this thing all day. You can bet your bum that I'll be throwing up a seasonal appropriate wreath on this thing for every season from now until forever. I have my eye on this magnolia wreath for the warmer months. 


 And here is my favorite home decor accessory, Mr. Pip. 

I'll be doing more tours once I am happy with my other rooms. The living room is almost there. Just waiting on my sofa :) Happy Monday, everyone! May your coffee be strong and your anxiety level low! 

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright